Sunday, March 4, 2012

Indore, India

 I found out that my assignment was going to take me to Indore, India in late March to late April 2012! I was even more excited to find out about my client and what I could do to help. Here are some details extracted from the SOW:

My client:
Concept Society focuses on an integrated, holistic and participatory approach leading to sustainable development of the poor and the marginalized belonging to all the sections of the society. The organization provides social, economical and psychological support to the beneficiaries of its programmes and projects.

Client's objective:
  • To work for Women and Child Development;
  • To work for Sustainable Livelihood Promotion;
  • To work on Issues of Human Rights with especial focus on Women Rights;
  • To build People’s Institution;
  • To work for health, health related education and awareness;
  • To work for education and human resource development
  • To work for natural resources development and management
  • To work for advocacy and networking; and
  • To provide technical assistance to CBOs and NGOs.
My scope of work:
Focus area: Training and Resource Center Needs Assessment.

More specifically:
To help Concept Society develop a plan for its Women’s Resource and Training Centre by doing a needs assessment questionnaire and interviewing some surrounding manufacturing, industrial and corporate concerns as to the type of trained employees they will need so that Concept Society can create training programmes that will result in employment for its women. Based on findings, create a project plan for the Centre that includes ideas for services, technology, resources and staffing along with an appropriate business plan based on decided financial model.

Team mates:
Whilst there is 12 IBMers together in Indore, India- I am in a group of 3 for my project. My team consists of a lady called Anika from Germany and a gentleman called Tyler from Canada- I am very excited to meet them and the rest of the team :)

Work Week:
Days & hours per week client works: 6 days and 6 hours in a day.
Holidays during the project: Sunday and some important days and festivals.

We have been told that our working week will likely be Monday-Friday only. We were also shared a picture of our general work office when in Indore:
We are the colourful building! I see why they now told us ladies not to worry about bringing high heels! :)
#ibmcsc #citizenibm

No comments:

Post a Comment