Sunday, March 4, 2012

School years

In this day and age of change; I was one of the lucky children who was able to attend the same primary school and high school. In fact, the kindygarten I went to prior included many of the same children who started primary school with me. Following that, a large percentage of us continued on to the same high school. There is something nice about being able to recognise fellow 4 year olds in photo albums and then see them as adults you have on your facebook friends list today. Makes the world seem smaller somewhat.

Being the first born, there are quite a few photos of my school years and I'd like to share some of them with you here. I think some experimentation must go on with a first born as my siblings were not subject to the embarrassment, I mean, experiment of 'alternate school bags' (and you may note that later in life I did my first thesis in the psychological effect of birth order...).

Drum roll please...
....My 'school bag' is a BRIEFCASE!!

And like one wasn't bad enough, they tried to sweeten the deal with a cartoon BRIEFCASE. Look at my face, I remember the emotion; not happy. NB: My mother often likes to jump in at this point and say 'but you loved those bags'. I refute this.
One of my favourite childhood pictures. Crimped pig-tails. I think I was about 6.
#ibmcsc #citizenibm

No comments:

Post a Comment